5 Ways to Help Someone After a Tragedy
Recently, we were touched by the true story of a mother who lost everything in a house fire. Friends and family rushed to her side to support her and her family in any way possible. Even though their intentions were good, they didn’t know how to actually help this mother and her family.
Often when horrific things like this happen to those we love we want to help, but don’t know how.
Here are 5 ways you can help someone after a tragedy happens to their home:
1. Send them a gift certificate from a grocery or clothing store to help them get back on their feet.
2. It is likely that they don’t have a fully stocked pantry, so bringing them dinner or pre-made frozen
meals to eat later will be a great help.
3. Next time you’re at the grocery store, grab some essentials like toothpaste or toilet paper to drop off.
4. Clean out your closet and give them the extra items that you don’t need any more to help replace
what might have been destroyed, like tennis shoes, coats and jackets etc…
5. Sometimes after a tragedy, the thing people need most is just a friend to listen and be there for
emotional support. Simply showing you care goes a long way.
Have you ever been on the receiving end of something like this? Does it really help? What was your experience? We want to know!